Chris Hyde, Data Analytics professional, met with us to share his experience with Data Analytics, Business Intelligence and Data Science.
In this discussion Chris shares:
- Data can make a difference in people’s lives.
- Increased use of statistics in data science.
- Programming languages used to query and manipulate data.
- The importance of a network and building relationships.
Questions that Chris answers:
- [01:33] What does a business intelligence, data analytics and database administration professional do?
- [03:40] What is the difference between business intelligence and data science?
- [06:22] How did you start your data career?
- [08:09] What interesting thing have you learned from data?
- [10:45] How can people move into a field related to business intelligence or data science?
- [12:23] What are the top programming/querying languages that you are using?
- [15:11] How can a full-time employee make the transition to working as an independent consultant?
- [20:17] What tools/resources have you found helpful in your career?
- [21:43] What events/conferences do you use to build your network?
- [23:38] What courses and books do you recommend for new data professionals?
- [25:09] Where can people find Chris Hyde?
- [26:14] What kind of projects do you work on? (AUDIENCE MEMBER QUESTION)
- [29:25] How do you give a customer something that they can manage on their own? (AUDIENCE MEMBER QUESTION)
- [30:36] Additional recommendations for groups and events to begin building your network in data analytics. (AUDIENCE MEMBER QUESTION)
- [32:29] How difficult is your job?
- The best way to connect with Chris Hyde is on Twitter. He can also be found on Linkedin.
- Chris Recommends the following books:
- Learning R by Richard Cotton.
- R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data by Hadley Wickham and Garrett Grolemund.
- Think Stats: Exploratory Data Analysis by Allen Downey.
Latest posts by Wylie Blanchard (see all)
- Teneika Askew: Empowering Decision Making with Data Visualization - September 19, 2020
- Sanford Hess: Government Information Technology Management and Change - July 19, 2020
- Susanne Tedrick: Developing a Game Plan to Thrive as Technology Evolves - May 31, 2020